Your Privacy is Our Priority
Collection of Information
When you sign up to create a Seashell account, provide us with information about yourself including:
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Copy of state-issued driver’s license or identification
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
If you sign up as an entity (e.g. a company, partnership, trust, etc), you may also need to provide us with pertinent information about your entity, including:
- Entity Name
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Entity Documents
If you create an account with another person, you may need to provide the above information about that person as well.
We may collect information about your bank routing numbers, bank account numbers, billing address, or credit or debit card in order to process your investments. If you make an investment using a credit or debit card through the Services, your information may be maintained by a third-party merchant bank payment processor and not by us.
You may also provide us with information about your financial profile, including accredited investor status and information pertaining to accredited investor status.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect From Use of the Services
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Services function properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters, or to prevent fraud. We will not sell this information to third parties for third party marketing purposes.
You can learn about Google’s policies by going to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Your Information
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: when you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver license or other identifying documents. Your personal identifiable and other information provided on Seashell and through your use of the Service will be shared with Prime Trust.
We may also use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, and to contact individuals whom you invite to join the service or contribute to a trust. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, invitations to join the service, or requests to contribute to a trust.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For Seashell marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that we think may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- We may publicly display comments and testimonials we receive from users. If you write a comment, send us an email, or other communication, we may edit it in our discretion and use it, with or without your name, anywhere we desire, including, but not limited to, our website(s), press releases, newsletters and marketing material.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that we think may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and not share your password with anyone.
Wherever appropriate, we obfuscate and/or encrypt information in our systems and/or during information transfer. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize third party service providers who may store on their servers social security numbers, addresses, financial information, electronic signatures, and payment information.
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Data from children or teenagers under the age of eighteen (18). If you believe that a minor has disclosed personal data to Seashell or is using the Service, please report this to us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Seashell uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction